Sunday, July 19, 2009

Multimedia and content

Xtranormal.com!! What a fun way to create! I made a video relating to my Spanish class here at Bennington College. I used the cartoon as a way to express some of the ideas I've learned about Argentine Nationalism. It did not take long to create the animated cartoon. What a fun (and easy) way to create multimedia presentations to present background information or history. Students would much rather watch a cartoon and get the main points from that, than listen to a droning teacher.

You can check out my cartoon on my website: www.sraredford.weebly.com .

The thing that I'm learning here at Bennington, is that technology is so much more than YouTube and Power Point presentations. There are so many ways for you to reach out to your students through technology.

I think that I would love to set up a wiki as a blog for each class. That way, they could post writing assignments on the web and completely eliminate the need for papers to clog up my desk!

1 comment:

  1. I would like to make a class wiki too, I really like correcting their papers electronically, it saves a lot of time and paper. (And they don't have to decipher my handwriting!)

    ReplyDelete